The 13th FRAP - Finance, Risk and Accounting Perspectives conference
… will take place at the University of Cambridge College - Hughes Hall from 18. - 20. November 2013
Motto: Innovation, Information and Intelligence in Finance, Risk and Accounting
with special workshops, perspectives and panels on : Social Finance and Crowdfunding as well as Enterprise Risk Management
Where: Cambridge University - Hughes Hall College, United Kingdom
When: 18. – 20. November 2013
Fee: EUR 430,- / GBP 350,- / USD 560,- (including social side program and lunch)
Registration deadline September 20th!
CFP - Call for Papers ( full papers still accepted till August 1st, mailto firstname.lastname@example.org, all proposals and papers are double blind peer-reviewed for proceedings!)
‘In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity’, Albert Einstein
Turbulent markets as a context. Over the years 2007-2011, market volatility has risen enormously and just recently fell without immediate rational explanation, despite still high levels of uncertainty and perceived volatility. As a consequence, traditional planning and forecasting tools have turned out to be not always applicable, or even erroneous. Inherent complexity in structures and agent relations caused fatal and unforeseen impacts, and some tend to agree that in cases risk once again became uncertainty, because formerly reliable deterministic models on the micro and macro level were invalidated.
Such an extreme environment however also creates opportunities for innovation in processes and thinking. At the same time, information as a prerequisite for rational decisions has become almost overly affluent - in terms of timeliness, scope and delivery. Intelligence is available everywhere and at any time, often through new modes of delivery, such as social media. This creates an interesting playground for technological innovation, while at the same time business leaders are questioning the whole process of decision making, planning and forecasting. While some see the need to gain more, and especially more timely information, others are adapting more entrepreneurial strategies in dealing with uncertainty. Yet others are innovating and rethinking how they approach financing and ultimately opportunity exploitation for example through Crowdsourcing and Crowdfunding. Such crowd based activities also heavily rely on information and intelligence, however often untested and un-audited - yet some call it the “wisdom of the crowd” and embrace these as a new paradigm and emancipation from traditional financial institutions like banks or venture capital firms.
The outlined interwoven and dynamic fields invite a multitude of scholarly perspectives, dealing with for example: efficiency in markets, time issues in planning and reporting, information dispersion and risk-perception, regulation and auditing, strategy building, behavioural finance and technological impact.
Dr. Simon Taylor, Academic Director of Master of Finance,
Judge Business School, University of Cambridge
Dr. Matthew Haigh, Department of Financial and Management Studies,
SOAS, University of London
Dr. Barbara Verardo, World Bank and University of Oxford
Dr. Richard T Harrison, Queens University Management School
Editor, Routledge Journal of Venture Capital
Topics may come from a broad range, for example:
- Corporate Finance
- Economics and Global Finance
- Behavioural Finance
- Treasury and Liquidity Management
- Finance and Enterprise Risk Mgmt.
- Accounting and Reporting
- Mathematical & Computational Finance
- Investments & Portfolio Management
- Strategic Management, Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Banking, Insurances and the Finance Industry Sector, Venture Capital Finance
- Information Technology
- Sustainability, CSR and Social Finance
We welcome papers from a wide range of disciplines and corresponding research methodologies. We also encourage PhD. students to submit a paper for presentation.
Over the years, the perspective series became well respected and renowned for its diversity, and we will continue this tradition with full colours.
All accepted papers (proposals) may be published in Vol.13 of the Finance and Risk Perspectives, indexed in the SSRN and with an ISBN number. This is of course optional, as some authors will want to retain copyright.
In addition there will be additional opportunities through our partner journals from Routledge (ABS) at the venue, inviting some selected papers for publication.
Inspiring keynote speakers from Cambridge University, University of London and World Bank, workshops and panels on Crowdfunding and Social Finance, on Sustainability and Enterprise Risk Management, meet the editors and reviewers on publishing and research, as well as a great social side program will make this annual conference a rewarding journey to picturesque Cambridge.
Guidelines for full paper submission here (due August 1st for new submissions, or August 30th for already accepted proposals).
Mag. Andrea Muehleder, …………………Carina Ennsgraber, Administration
All accepted papers (proposals) may be published in Vol.13 of the Finance and Risk Perspectives, indexed and with an ISBN Number -
See link to Vol. 12 here: http://www.acrn.eu/resources/Journals/9783950351804.pdf
In addition, some selected final papers will be eligible for publication in one of our many high quality partnering journals from Taylor& Francis, Routledge and ACRN.
Dr. Othmar Lehner , Dr. Heimo Losbichler
Professors of Finance and Risk Management
ACRN U. Research Network Austria, Cambridge
University of A. Sciences Upper Austria
Sponsoring Partners of this conference:
- University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria
- University of London, School of Oriental and African Studies
- CUNY, City University New York, USA
- Brno International Business School, Czech Republic
- ACRN U. Center for Research Methodology
- Routledge publishers, providing several publishing opportunities
Scientific Advisory board members, amongst from the:
- London School of Economics, UK
- University of Cambridge, UK
- Rutgers University, USA
- University of Oxford, UK
- University of Linz, Austria
- University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
- World Bank, Washington D.C.
Scientific Advisory board 2012
- Dr. Simon Taylor, Director of Master of Finance Program, Judge Business School, University of Cambridge, UK
- Dr. Wim A. Van der Stede, CIMA Professor of Accounting and Financial Management, LSE - London School of Economics, UK
- Dr. Matthew Haigh, University of London, School of Oriental and African Studies, UK
- Dr. Alex Nichols, SAID Business School, University of Oxford, UK
- Dr. Juha Kansikas, Professor of Entrepreneurship, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Dr. Barbara Verardo MBA, Senior Specialist, World Bank Washington D.C. and University of Oxford
- Dr. Elisabeth Menschl, Senior Lecturer in Research Philosophy and Ethics, Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, Austria
- Prof. Alex Murdock, Professor of Third Sector Research, London South Bank University, UK
- Dr. Shambu Prasad, Professor in Rural Management and Development, Xavier Institute of Management India
- Mira Übleis, MSc., Students Representative, European School of Economics, UK
- Dr. Michael Roither, Department Leader, University of Salzburg and Danube University, Austria
- Dr. Pascal Dey, Docent of Sociology, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Dr. Alena Hanzelkova, Head of PhD. program, Docent of Strategic Management, Brno International Business School, Czech Republic
Our students team at Hughes Hall, Cambridge U, together with Dr. John Regan University of Cambridge
and Dr. Othmar Lehner, ACRN U. Center and University of A.Sciences Upper Austria.
retrospective to 2012:
The 2012 International Research Conference on FINANCE Perspectives took place in Steyr, Austria
at the location of our partner, the University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria
Read the full proceedings here. (warning full book download size)
July 2nd - 4th 2012 in picturesque Steyr, Austria.
Social Side Program - City Walk
Prof. Dr. Wim van der Stede, LSE London
Prof. Dr. Othmar Lehner, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
Prof. Dr. Asmah Aziz, University Mara, Malaysia and Dr. Nicolas Fulli Lemaire, Crédit Agricole SA