The ACRN Academic Research Network was originally founded as a joint venture by three leading European business schools of renowned universities from Austria, Finland and the UK to promote and host conferences and summer-schools in the social and managerial sciences, as well as to advance methodological know-how for doctoral students and young researchers. It is now a distinct entity with a clear impact mission and a highly respected international advisory board overseeing its corporate governance, firmly embedded in the Oxford research landscape.
To provide inspiring courses, conferences, summer schools and open access publication outlets for academic faculty and doctoral students, with a focus on globalised interdisciplinary research, and multi-perspective approaches in the social and managerial sciences.
To disperse and translate current academic research into practice through open access publication outlets and advisory services to policy makers.
In our activities and intra-organizational culture, we embrace and advocate heterogeneity and tolerance, and pay attention to context and environment! We are a social enterprise, excess profits are used to further our programs and outreach to the international academic community.
Our fields of operation:
• Doctoral courses and symposia on research methodology for PhD students and post-docs and lecturers
• Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) studies in research methodology
• Doctoral schools and conferences on Social Entrepreneurship and Social & Sustainable Finance
• Advances and publications on research methodology
• Annual flagship conference: Finance, Risk and Accounting Perspectives (FRAP series)
• Interdisciplinary research coordination in the fields of social and managerial sciences
• Researcher, lector and doctoral supervisor exchange programs
• Digital publication of scientific journals, monographs, books and proceedings
• Service and policy advisory on the EU framework for research Horizon 2020
Forthcoming Conference - read the Call for Papers here:
of the University of Oxford
The 14th FRAP Finance - Risk and Accounting Perspectives Conference will take place from 22nd to 24th of September
at the University of Oxford, in the Oriel College (4th oldest of the University).