The ACRN Oxford Centre for Interdisciplinary Research was originally founded as a joint venture by three leading European business schools of renowned universities from Austria, Finland and the UK to promote and host academic conferences and summer-schools in the social and managerial sciences, as well as to advance methodological know-how for doctoral students and young researchers.
It is now a distinct entity with a clear impact mission and a highly respected international academic advisory board overseeing its corporate governance, firmly embedded in the Oxford research and publication landscape.
To provide inspiring courses, conferences and summer schools for academic faculty and doctoral students, with a focus on interdisciplinary research, and multi-perspective approaches in the managerial sciences.
To disperse and translate current academic research into practice through open access publication outlets and advisory services to policy makers.
In our activities and intra-organizational culture, we embrace and advocate heterogeneity and tolerance, and pay attention to context and environment!
We are a social enterprise for higher education, any excess profits are used to further our programs and outreach to the international academic community.
Our board members
NEW! Routledge Handbook of Social and Sustainable Finance, edited by Prof. Othmar M Lehner
Our fields of operation in the United Kingdom:
• Doctoral courses and symposia on research methodology and English academic writing for PhD students and post-docs and lecturers
• Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) studies in research methodology in partnership with UK university
• Doctoral schools and conferences on Social Entrepreneurship and Social & Sustainable Finance in partnership
• Publications on research methodology
• Annual flagship conference: Finance, Risk and Accounting Perspectives (FRAP series)
• Interdisciplinary research coordination in the fields of social and managerial sciences
• Researcher, lector and doctoral supervisor exchange programs
• Digital publication of scientific journals, monographs, books and proceedings
• Social and Sustainable Finance and Impact Investing Conference (SSFII series)
Scientific Advisory Board 2015-2017
Prof. Alex Nicholls, SAID Business School, University of Oxford, UK
Prof. Julia Mundy, Centre for Governance, Risk and Accountability, University of Greenwich, UK
Dr. Merav Ozair, NYU, New York University, US
DDr. Julia Puaschunder, The New School, New York, US
Dr. Matthew Haigh, University of London, School of Oriental and African Studies, UK
Prof. Ahmed Marhfor, University of Quebec, Abitibi-Témiscamingue, Canada
Dr. Olga Kolokolova, Manchester Business School, University of Manchester, UK
Prof. Minna Martikainen, Hanken School of Economics, Finland
Dr. Juha Kansikas, Professor of Entrepreneurship, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
Prof. Heimo Losbichler, Department Leader Finance and Accounting, University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria
Dr. Elisabeth Menschl, Senior Lecturer in Research Philosophy and Ethics, Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, Austria
Prof. James Ming Chen, College of Law, Michigan State University, USA
Prof. Steven C Michael, University of Illinois, USA
Prof. Christiana Weber, University of Hannover, Germany
Mag. Thomas Kirchberger, Kepler University of Linz, Austria
Prof. Shambu Prasad, Professor in Rural Management and Development, Xavier Institute of Management India
Dr. Saadiah Mohamad, Professor of Economics, Faculty of Business Management, Universiti Teknologi MARA
Dr. Pascal Dey, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland